Protect Your Parental Rights
If you are located in Summerlin, Las Vegas or elsewhere in Southern Nevada, our legal team can help you with a range of child custody issues, including:
- Legal custody: This determines who has decision-making authority over the children for important matters such as medical care, education and religion.
- Physical custody: Physical custody refers to which parent has the children and when. There are a range of factors that may be considered in this decision, including age of the children and location of the parents.
- Relocation: Disputes often arise when a parent seeks to relocate out of the state with the children.
- Temporary custody: This refers to the parenting schedule that is established while a pending dispute over custody is in process.
- Custody mediation: When parents cannot come to an agreement on child custody and parenting time, mediation can be a great method to resolve the dispute.
- Expert opinions: In highly contested child custody cases, our lawyers are able to call upon appropriate specialists to evaluate your children, you and your spouse. After a detailed assessment, these professionals will present opinions on the custody arrangement that are in the best interests of your children.
- Modifications: Even after your custody dispute is finalized, there are opportunities to modify the original child custody agreement. If a significant change in circumstances occurs, you may petition for a custody modification. Likewise, you may also be forced to defend against a modification request.
- Child custody for unmarried parents: Our law firm also resolves difficult child custody disputes for unmarried parents who are ending their relationships.
If you have questions as to your parental rights, contact our Las Vegas custodial rights attorneys for help at (702) 901-4800. We serve clients in Summerlin, Las Vegas, and throughout Southern Nevada.